KELOWNA - Rose Avenue will be closed between Pandosy Street and Richter Street for utility upgrades associated with the Richter Street/Rose Avenue realignment from July 13 through early September.
During this phase of construction, improvements will include turning lanes, bike lanes, traffic and pedestrian signals, and curb and sidewalk.
Access to the rear lanes and Speer Street will be via Royal Avenue. Residential parking permit holders for Rose Avenue will have a dedicated section on Speer Street. Residents and visitors are asked to use the rear lane for parking if possible.
Pedestrian access across and along Rose Avenue from Richter to Pandosy Streets will be maintained. People visiting the area are urged to pay attention to pedestrian escorts and obey site safety personnel.
PARK, BEACH AND ROAD CLOSURES FOR CENTER OF GRAVITY
Public access to City Park will be restricted from Friday, July 24, until Sunday, July 26, for Center of Gravity. The public washrooms, water park, skateboard park, tennis courts and a portion of Hot Sands Beach will remain open and accessible to the public. Concerts will end nightly at 11 p.m.
Additional closures and restrictions will be in place to accommodate the event:
Beach volleyball courts, basketball court, sports field and a portion of Hot Sands Beach at City Park
- Full closure from Wednesday, July 22 to Tuesday, July 28.
City Park lakefront promenade (south end)
- Walkway within the event will be closed to the public from July 22 to July 27. Pedestrians are asked to detour around the event using the walkway which runs from the park tunnel, along the south end of the park to Abbott Street. The pedestrian tunnel will remain open.
City Park parking lot
- Partial closure from July 21 to 28
- Full closure from July 22 to 27
Abbott Street on-street parking between Bernard and Leon Avenues
- Restricted parking on the west side of Abbott Street from July 24-26 to accommodate tour and shuttle bus service for the event.
Abbott Street between Bernard and Leon Avenues, and Bernard Avenue between Abbott and Water Streets
- Nightly road closure from July 24-26 from 9:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. to accommodate ticket holders exiting City Park.
- RCMP will be on site to manage traffic flow.
Abbott neighbourhood parking restrictions
Twenty-four hour on-street parking restrictions will be implemented in the Abbott neighbourhood (Highway 97 south to Park Avenue & west of Water Street to the lake) as well as Knox Crescent and all of Beach Avenue starting Thursday, July 23 until Monday, July 27. On street parking will be available to valid Resident and Visitor Permit holders only. Ticket and towing will be enforced during this time period.
Shuttle bus service will be available for festival ticket holders with stops along Highway 97 at major hotel areas.
BC Transit service may result in minor disruptions and traffic delays may occur due to road closures. Motorists are advised to plan ahead to avoid delay.