December 22, 2015 - 1:00 PM
VERNON - If you’re looking for things to do as a family over the holidays, or ways to keep sugar-charged children occupied over the break, we’ve put together some ideas.
Whether you’re looking to spend some Christmas cash on an experience for the family, or hoping to save a few bucks with a free activity, there’s something for everyone in the North Okanagan.
1. Silver Star is a winter wonderland of fun, from skiing and skating to tubing. Pack your wallet if you’re planning on partaking in recreational activities, or simply drive up above the clouds for some sunshine and a stroll through the village.
2. Vernon Recreation Centre: Check the website for details about winter break camps and activities.
3. Okanagan Science Centre: Have a scientific Christmas break at the science centre, which is offering six different science-themed days over the holiday season.
4. Take in a magical night at the Caravan Farm Theatre in Armstrong. Dress warm and enjoy a theatrical performance by sleigh.
5. Check out our Winter Fun Map for the best local spots to go sledding, ice-fishing and more.
Leave suggestions, or share your favourite Christmas break traditions, in the comments below, or email email@example.com.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Charlotte Helston at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-309-5230. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015