September 16, 2014 - 3:13 PM
Not-for-profit community service organizations are reminded that they have until October 31, 2014 to submit Grants in Aid applications to the District of West Kelowna.
Mayor and Council recognize that not-for-profit community organizations and agencies provide valuable contributions to the municipality. Each year, Council carefully considers the applications from many worthy nonprofit groups and balances their requests for support with the municipality’s needs to provide programs, services and infrastructure at low cost to taxpayers.
Grants in Aid application forms can be found at www.districtofwestkelowna.ca under Mayor & Council/Council Policies. Organizations must provide:
- The list of services they provide to the community;
- The amount of financial assistance required;
- The benefits in the community that would result from the grant, if approved;
- A detailed proposed budget for the current year and a list of all other grants and donations received; and,
- Financial statements from the immediately preceding fiscal year.
For further information please contact the Finance Manager at (778) 797-8802.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014