January 25, 2015 - 4:26 PM
VICTORIA - To improve service, a variety of fish and wildlife applications will be available online only effective Monday, Feb. 2, 2015, Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations Minister Steve Thomson announced today, Jan. 25.
The latest permits to move online include:
* Angling guide, game guide outfitters and transporters' licences;
* Export permits;
* Transportation permits for endangered species, rainbow trout and farmed sturgeon;
* Scientific fish collection permits;
* Fur trade and trapping licences; and
* Various permits specifically required under the Wildlife Act, including permits for: possessing dead wildlife or wildlife parts; capturing, possessing or importing live wildlife; rehabilitating injured wildlife; and, operating a vehicle in an area closed under the act.
Hunting and fishing licences will continue to be sold through retailers. Fishing licences will still be available online.
FrontCounter BC is the integrated, one-stop service for clients of B.C.'s natural resource ministries and agencies. For applications and further information, call toll free at 1-877-855-3222 or visit: www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca.
* There are 29 FrontCounter BC offices throughout the province.
* FrontCounter BC took over the responsibility for fish and wildlife permitting on April 1, 2014.
* FrontCounter BC now handles over 59,000 applications and enquiries annually.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015