August 08, 2015 - 8:30 AM
PENTICTON - Day four of the Penticton Peachfest begins with a Pancake Breakfast at the Elks Lodge at 343 Ellis Street, running from 7- 10 a.m.
The annual Peach Parade is next at 10 a.m. with more than 100 entries from throughout B.C. and the Pacific Northwest. The parade route runs down Main Street from Pen High, along Lakeshore to the SS Sicamous.
Saturday events in Okanagan Lake park include:
- the West Coast Lumberjack Show at 12:05, 1:55and 4:25 p.m.
- musical acts TJ Horseplay at 1 p.m., Halfway to Hollywood at 3:50 P.M., Forever Young (Neil Young tibute) at 5:25 p.m., Legg ZZ (ZZTop tribute) at 7:25 p.m. and headline act High Voltage (AC/DC tribute) which begins at 9:30 p.m.
Other acts include:
- Boundless Belly Dancers at 11:45 a.m.
- Fresh B.C.Talent Quest at 12:40 p.m.
- Kupala UK Dancers at 1:30 p.m.
- William James, Hypnotist, at 2:30 p.m.
- Mazur Polish Dancers at 5 p.m.
- Black Widow Rope Spinners at 6:35
- The Reel Peach Festival at 9:05
Penticton’s newly crowned royalty will be introduced at Okanagan Lake Park at 7 p.m.
Other events include the 12th Annual Sheila Bishop Memorial Wooden Bat Slowpitch Tournament at Lions Park.
The third annual Penticton Throwdown Skateboard and BMX event begins Saturday at 1 p.m., at Riverside Park.
Finally, the Peach Festival Steamfest Regatta begins at 2 p.m., taking place near the SS Sicamous.
For more details, check out the Peachfest website.
SOcountry radio MC Dennis Walker speaks with Downtown Penticton Association Executive Director Kerry Milton during the Chefs Cook Off in Gyro Park Friday, August 7, 2015.
(STEVE ARSTAD /InfoTel Multimedia)
To contact the reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad at email@example.com or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015