November 13, 2013 - 10:45 AM
KAMLOOPS - A fire at Central Salvage on Heffley Road 26 km north of Kamloops may have burned out quickly but it was quite a spectacle for those travelling the Yellowhead highway this morning.
The fire was called in around 9:40 a.m. and produced large plumes of black smoke so thick train service along the ajacent tracks had to be suspended until the fire was brought under control. It consumed a storage building that housed at least one vehicle and there were reports of explosions. The building was located near a power generator and gas lines, prompting quick action by the fire department.
The fire has since burned out. Train service through the area has resumed.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013