Road closures for Westside Daze parade Gellatly Road will be open this weekend
June 27, 2013 - 4:27 PM
In order to accommodate the large number of entries in this year's Westside Daze parade, a number of streets are being closed to traffic around the parade route on the morning of Saturday, June 29.
The closures are:
8 a.m. to noon for staging
- Brenda Lee Road
- Gossett Road from Brown Road to Old Okanagan Highway
- Brown Road from Gossett Road to Butt Road
- Bering Road from Elliott Road to Old Okanagan Highway
9 a.m. to noon for staging
- Butt Road from Elliott Road to Old Okanagan Highway
10:15 to noon for parade route
- Old Okanagan Highway from Butt Road to Drought Road
- Drought Road from Old Okanagan Highway to Brown Road
- Brown Road from Drought Road to Gossett Road
Gellatly Road, closed since March for construction of Phase 3 of the Gellatly Road Recreational Corridor project, will be open this weekend in time for Saturday evening's fireworks.
For safety reasons, the Westside Celebration Society is asking vehicles not to park along Angus Drive. The narrow road is being left open to accommodate emergency vehicles.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013