May 13, 2015 - 4:55 PM
KAMLOOPS - The Wildfire Management Branch has issued a road restriction order for forest service roads near the Raft River wildfire, which is burning about 20 kilometres northeast of Clearwater. The restrictions will take effect at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, May 13, 2015.
While the Order of Restricted Access is in place, no one may enter or remain in the restricted area unless the person:
* first receives written authorization from a Wildfire Management Branch official
* enters the area only in the course of travelling to and from his or her residence
This restriction order applies:
* from the 0-kilometre mark of the Raft River Forest Service Road north
to the 56-kilometre mark of the Raft River Forest Service Road
* from the 0-kilometre mark of the Hole in the Wall Forest Service Road to the end of the constructed road (The 0-kilometre mark of the Hole in the Wall Forest Service Road is at the 5.5-kilometre mark of the Martin Creek Forest Service Road.)
A map indicating which roads are affected by this restriction order is available online at: http://bit.ly/1KKDSPD
The Raft River fire currently covers about 83 hectares. There are 35 firefighters currently assigned to this fire, as well as one helicopter and one piece of heavy machinery. Airtankers have also been working on this fire.
No structures or communities are immediately threatened by this fire at this time. However, the use of these roads is being restricted in the wildfire operations area to protect the safety of firefighting personnel and the public. The Kamloops Fire Centre is asking the public to stay away from the area where this wildfire is burning and where crews and equipment are working.
To report a wildfire or unattended campfire, call *5555 on a cellphone or 1 800 663-5555 toll-free. For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: http://www.bcwildfire.ca.
You can follow the latest wildfire news:
* On Twitter at: http://twitter.com/BCGovFireInfo
* On Facebook at: http://facebook.com/BCForestFireInfo
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015