August 11, 2015 - 6:30 PM
PENTICTON - The first Reel Peach Fest film festival was a success and it's expected it will return again next year.
Winning entries were announced at the conclusion of the Penticton Peach Festival on Sunday, Aug. 9.
Thirty-two submissions were displayed over the course of Peachfest, consisting of one to three minute videos in two categories — liquid libations or Okanagan experience categories.
The following producers won prizes of $1,000, $500, or $250 for these submissions in the Liquid Libations category:
- First place went to Dave Mai for Welcome the Craft Beer Revolution
- Second place went to Chris Stenberg for Craft Beard
- Third place went to Tracer Films for Imperial Soda
- Peoples Choice award went to Andrew Jakubeit for Peachburger
In the Okanagan Experience category, the following entrants were successful:
- First place went to Dave Mai for Skaha Bluffs
- Second place went to Shawn Talbot and Jan Vozenilek for From Tree to You
- Third place went to David McIlvride, Alison Love and Christine Ferreira for Diner en Blanc
- Peoples Choice went to Dave Mai for Skaha Bluffs
The film festival provided some entertainment prior to the evening headline act at Okanagan Lake Park, with films displayed on the LED screen next to the stage.
“The vision behind the festival was to help our sponsors acquire video footage and stories to promote our region, entertain the crowds of thousands at Peachfest, and provide a venue for local film makers to showcase their talent,” organizer and film producer Andrew Jakubeit says.
The Reel Peach Fest is expected to return next year.
To view all submissions, or for more information visit: www.reelpeachfest.com.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015