RCMP investigating Penticton fire sparked by Molotov cocktail
RCMP are investigating after a Molotov cocktail was used to start a small fire on the roof of the garage at this Calgary Avenue home, Sunday, Nov. 15, 2015.
Image Credit: Contributed/Skylar Noe-Vack
November 16, 2015 - 1:03 PM
PENTICTON - RCMP are looking into a garage fire started by a Molotov cocktail in Penticton last night.
Fire crews were called to a home on Calgary Avenue around 10:20 p.m., Nov. 15, to find the homeowner trying to put out a small fire on the roof of his garage.
Deputy fire chief Dave Spalding says the fire was deemed suspicious and the police were called.
RCMP say the small blaze was started by a Molotov cocktail made from a Snapple bottle, which had been tossed onto the roof. Damage was minor and police continue to investigate.
Penticton firefighters were also called to a false alarm earlier in the evening.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad at email@example.com or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015