January 24, 2014 - 10:55 AM
PENTICTON – Students, teachers and staff have returned to class after being evacuated thanks to a small fire in a light fixture at Penticton Secondary School.
Penticton Fire Chief Wayne Williams says a halogen light caught fire in the school’s commons area. It was quickly put out and his crew had to vent the smoke from the building.
Williams said he was informed by school staff this is the first time in 20 years Pen-High has had a fire.
School resumed once the smoke was gone and the building was deemed safe by the fire department.
To contact the reporter for this story, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-488-3065.
This story was updated at 10:32 a.m. to mention students have returned to the building.
Penticton Secondary School students return to class after being evacuated in response to a small electrical fire on Friday, Jan. 24, 2014.
(SHANNON QUESNEL /InfoTel Multimedia)
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014