April 21, 2015 - 5:43 PM
PENTICTON - No one was injured and there was no major damage after a balcony fire at 86 Lakeshore Dr. East in Penticton this afternoon.
Penticton firefighters got a call of visible flames on the balcony of one unit at approximately 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 21.
Capt. Tom Smith says a planter on a resident’s balcony caught fire and firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly.
He says there was minimal damage to the tiled deck, but the planter was destroyed. He suspects the fire may have been caused by spontaneous combustion.
Two engines responded to the fire. No injuries were reported.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015