October 08, 2013 - 12:56 PM
The Okanagan’s 7th Annual Carpool Month promotion will take place in October. As part of Carpool Month 2013, commuters are encouraged to visit Carpool.ca and participate in a various activities to be eligible to win prizes of $100 free fuel cards.
Carpool Month 2013 prize-winning activities include:
- registering with www.carpool.ca as a new user,
- returning to www.carpool.ca as an existing user and search for carpool partners;
- submitting an inspiration carpool story (online through www.carpool.ca);
- completing the online survey through www.carpool.ca;
- Using the new www.carpool.ca Trip Tracker feature to measure savings resulting from trips not taken;
- Calculate your costs and potential savings using the www.carpool.ca Cost Calculator and share on Facebook or Twitter
- Using Facebook to play ‘Tuesday Transportation Trivia’ and or participate in ‘Pool Polls’.
Visit www.facebook.com/CarpoolDotCA or follow @CarpoolDotCA on Twitter for details.
Partners of the promotion include Cities of Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon the Town of Oliver and Districts of Summerland and Peachland. Carpool.ca is designed to encourage commuters to use the carpool-matching service. Currently 879 Okanagan registrants participate in the user- friendly system, which is secure and free. As more and more people register, carpooling becomes a viable transportation alternative for commuters.
“Carpooling is not only good for the environment; it is also good for a person's health and overall well-being. Carpooling provides an opportunity to relax and socialize with others and that can help reduce stress,” says Tanya Osborne, Community Health Facilitator with Interior Health “It can also help reduce a person’s financial burden. The true costs of owning and operating a vehicle are much higher than most drivers would suspect. According to Statistics Canada, the average Canadian household spends over $12,000 per year on transportation alone”.
For more information visit: www.carpool.ca
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013