No treats from Mother Nature this Halloween

Expect a wet Halloween this year. The forecast calls for clouds, showers and cool temperatures for Friday, Oct. 31, 2014.

ENVIRONMENT CANADA PREDICTS AN UMBRELLA IS IN YOUR FUTURE

THOMPSON-OKANAGAN - If makeup is part of your Halloween costume you may want to come up with a plan ‘B’ as it looks like Mother Nature will not be doling out any weather treats Friday. The forecast calls for cool temperatures and rain.

The rain forecast for the region could dampen some Halloween spirits. Plus it's going to be cool for the trick-or-treaters this evening. We have already hit the high temperatures for Friday and the mercury will drop to around 5 Celsius overnight, according to Environment Canada.

In Kamloops, expect a 70 per cent chance of showers during the morning and a 30 per cent chance in the afternoon and evening.

It will be much wetter in the Okanagan, expect between 5-15 millimetres of rain during the day Friday before it tapers off overnight.

Vernon is forecast to receive 5-10 mm Friday, with a a 40 per cent chance of showers in the evening.

Up to 10 mm of rain is could fall during the day in Kelowna with the periods of rain tappering off in the evening.

Between 10-15 mm of rain is expected Friday in Penticton, with showers ending in the evening.

Forecasters predict the weather will smarten up on the weekend with a mix of sun and cloud and high temperatures just above the seasonal normal of about 8 C.

It's back to the clouds and showers on Monday with Environment Canada forecasting four straight days of wet weather.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Jennifer Stahn at jstahn@infonews.ca or call 250-819-3723. To contact an editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.


In this image released by Lionsgate, Becky G portrays Trini, the Yellow Ranger, left, and Elizabeth Banks portrays Rita Repulsa in a scene from "Power Rangers."
Are 'gay moments' in 'Beauty' and 'Power Rangers' progress?
LOS ANGELES - A hug. A wink. A dance. A non-answer. These are the so-called gay moments in a handful of recent high-profile studio movies that have sparked both rapturous celebration and startling backlash. From Sulu in "Star Trek Beyo

Top News