New webinars help B.C. businesses with return to PST
July 08, 2013 - 2:58 PM
Businesses that want to learn more about the Provincial Sales Tax can join interactive webinars offered by the provincial government in July and August, Minister of State for Tourism and Small Business Naomi Yamamoto announced today.
Space is limited, so businesses that want to participate in the first webinar on July 10, 2013, must sign up online Monday, July 8, 2013.
The interactive webinar will cover the general principles of the PST and the new eTaxBC online business registration service. Registration and information is available at: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
Webinars are scheduled for:
* Wednesday, July 10, 2013, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
* Wednesday, July 24, 2013, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
* Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2013, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
* Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Government is reaching out to businesses throughout B.C. to ensure they have the support they need to make a smooth transition back to the PST, which came into effect on April 1, 2013. Additional PST tools and services available to help businesses include:
* PST Specialists: If you operate a business in B.C., you can sign up for a ministry PST specialist to review your accounting and reporting systems to ensure your systems are properly set up to comply with the provincial sales tax laws: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
* PST bulletins and notices - including the recent publications: "What's Taxable under the PST and What's Not" and the "Small Business Guide to PST".
* Online videos:
... Returning to the PST - An Overview for Business
... PST in B.C. Online Registration
... How to File and Pay PST in B.C.
* Businesses with questions about the PST can call our toll-free help line - 1 877 388-4440 or email questions to: CTBTaxQuestions@gov.bc.ca
* Businesses that sell or lease taxable goods, or sell software or taxable services in B.C. must register to obtain a new PST number, even if they have an old PST number.
* Businesses can register three ways:
.... Online - go to: www.gov.bc.ca/etaxbc/register
... In person - go to the nearest Service BC Centre. See locations at: www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/ - or visit our office at 1802 Douglas St. in Victoria.
... By mail or fax - complete the Application for Registration for Provincial Sales Tax (FIN 418) found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pst (Go to Forms and Publications.)
* A new PST number will be assigned once the business registration application is processed.
Register for future webinars by completing the online registration form: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
View the presentation from previous webinar sessions: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
Learn more about the services available to businesses to support the transition to PST: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013