May 09, 2013 - 10:43 AM
Penticton Fire Rescue was busy with a hat-trick of fires on Monday. A boat caught fire on Okanagan Lake, a hotel room had a small blaze and a shed was a victim of carelessness.
Fire chief Wayne Williams said the department used its Zodiac boat to reach the passengers of a 30-foot pleasure craft. The fire was already put out by people on board but they required assistance in getting to shore. No one was hurt.
The hotel room fire on Skaha Lake Road was caused by leaving towels on a heater to dry. A towel fell down and caught flame but the fire was contained to the bathroom.
The shed fire at 564 Eckhardt Ave. East was due to carelessly discarded smoking materials. It was contained just to the shed and there were almost no signs of exterior damage. No one was hurt in the shed or the hotel room incidents.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Shannon Quesnel at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 250-488-3065 or tweet @shannonquesnel1
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013