October 07, 2014 - 9:33 AM
WEST KELOWNA - Some customers on the Killiney Beach Water System should plan to be without water service on Wednesday morning and afternoon.
Water will be shut off for approximately 75 homes below Westside Road while the Regional District repairs a leak in a Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) at Westside Road and Kildare Way.
The work is scheduled to take place this Wednesday, Oct. 8 from approximately 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will impact the following addresses:
- 504 to 594 Udell Road
- Odd only - 9365 to 9485 Westside Road
- Even only - 9454 to 9584 Westside Road
- Galway Place
- Kildare Way
- 302 to 325 Killarney Way
- 410 to 505 Killarney Way
- 9485 to 9554 Hodges Road
- Blarney Place
It is recommended in advance of Wednesday’s service interruption that customers at those addresses impacted:
- Shut off hot and cold faucets and any equipment that requires water;
- Store sufficient drinking water for the anticipated period of interruption;
- Isolate supply to hot water tanks;
***If not isolated, avoid running hot water as impurities could be drawn into the hot water tank and may cause problems with its operation;
- Fill a bathtub or other large container with water to use for toilet flushing and only flush when absolutely necessary; and
- Use anti-bacterial hand sanitizer for hand washing.
After completion of the repair work, Regional District staff will flush the distribution system to remove any impurities which may have entered during the repair work. Customers noticing any discolouration should run a cold water tap until the water runs clear.
Roadside notice boards will be put up in advance of crews working in the area.
If you have any questions regarding the interruption please contact Regional District Environmental Services at 250-469-6241 or email email@example.com.
For information on the Regional District six water systems visit regionaldistrict.com/water or contact RDCO Environmental Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-469-6241. To subscribe online for Regional District water quality advisories or alerts by email visit regionaldistrict.com/water.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014