Kelowna shed fire kills pet chicken

KELOWNA – A shed has been destroyed by fire and a pet chicken killed thanks to an unattended space heater.

Kelowna firefighters were called to the blaze at 1629 Parkridge Ct. at around 6:57 a.m. and arrived to find 15’X15’ shed at the rear of the property fully engulfed in flames.

The fire was quickly put out, but the shed was a total loss.

A pet chicken was killed in the fire.

“The cause of the fire is suspected to be an electrical space heater used to heat the shed for the chicken,” Platoon Captain Eric Simpson says in a media release.

“The Kelowna Fire Department reminds the public to not leave space heaters unattended and to check your smoke detectors regularly.”

To contact the reporter for this story, email Howard Alexander at or call 250-491-0331. To contact the editor, email or call 250-718-2724.

THOMPSON: I’m smarter than Donald J. Trump
  OPINION I’ve been in the right places at the right times to meet a number of world leaders over the years…seven U.S. presidents, two chancellors of Germany, presidents of Mexico and France, a prime minist

Top News