December 10, 2015 - 7:19 AM
KELOWNA - Residents were able to quickly put out a kitchen fire with the extinguisher they had on hand, but crews still needed to open up the walls when they arrived last night.
The kitchen fire was called in around 7 p.m. yesterday, Dec. 9, and when crews arrived at the house in the 200 block of Dougall Road they were told the tenants had used a dry chemical extinguisher to put it out. While the fire appeared out crews still had to open up wall cavities nearby, Platoon Capt. Eric Simpson says.
The smoke detector had alerted the three adults and two pets in the home to the fire and no one was hurt.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015