Current Conditions

Clear
-11.8°C

Kelowna kitchen fire damages home

April 09, 2015 - 7:10 AM

KELOWNA - Firefighters were able to keep a fire contained to the kitchen of a Bouvette Street home Wednesday night but the resulting smoke caused damage throughout the home.

The Kelowna Fire Department responded to a call of a fire in a kitchen in a single family residence Wednesday, April 8. In total three engines, one rescue vehicle and a command vehicle responded along with 16 fire personnel.

In a release Platoon Capt. Tim Light says the fire started from cooking oil on the stove and damage was kept to the kitchen with some smoke damage throughout the house. One resident was taken to hospital as a precaution relating to smoke.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at aproskiw@infotelnews.ca or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email mjones@infotelnews.ca or call 250-718-2724.

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kelowna News
  • Comments

View Site in: Desktop | Mobile