May 15, 2015 - 9:36 AM
Looking for something different to do with the kids?
On Saturday, May 23rd, the City of Kamloops is holding an open house at the Public Works Centre at 955 Concordia Way.
This is a FREE event for everyone to participate and celebrate National Public Works Week taking place which runs May 17th to 23rd.
The open house will run from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm with a variety of activities and demonstrations to participate in such as:
· First 150 children will receive a birdhouse to paint
· Various large equipment displays - take a "high" ride in a bucket truck
· Facility tours and information booths
· Free refreshments sponsored by Cupe Local 900
· Tour of the City greenhouse
· Hanging basket demonstrations including a draw for a hanging basket
· Healthy landscapes information
· Community Garden initiatives (kids plant seeds in pots to take home)
· Wildlife Park animal display
· ECOSmart Team on site with games, prizes, and WaterSmart giveaways
· Kamloops Fire Rescue inflatable fire safety house
· RCMP display
Learn about careers in Public Works at the City of Kamloops by attending a career information drop-in session on Saturday, May 23rd, at 1:00 pm, at the Public Works Centre.
Also, tours of the City's nationally recognized Kamloops Centre for Water Quality will be offered on Tuesday, May 19th to Friday, May 22nd at 9:00 am and 10:00 am each day.
How to get there:
To attend the open house travel west on McGill Road past Hillside Drive to the far end of McGill Road and follow the signs for parking or, better yet, go green and take transit!
For more information about the open house or to register for a tour, please call 250-828-3461.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015