Kamloops man dies after RV fire at provincial park
By Jessica Wallace
Image Credit: (CREDIT/123rf.com)
July 12, 2013 - 11:57 AM
SALMON ARM - A Kamloops man who died after a fire at a provincial park near Salmon Arm last week has been identified as 72-year-old Guy Chamberland.
Fire crews were called to White Lake provincial park campground, north of White Lake near Salmon Arm, around 6:30 a.m. on July 6 after reports of the fire.
Chamberland was found badly burned and transported by air ambulance to Vancouver General Hospital before succumbing to his injuries two days later on July 8.
While B.C. Coroner's Service and fire investigators continue to investigate what happened at the park leading to Chamberland's death, the Ministry of Environment reported an explosion leading to the fire at the provincial park and are attributing it to a propane leak in an RV.
On July 4, fire crews responded to another, unrelated explosion in Salmon Arm at a legal marijuana grow-op that took the life of 45-year-old David Allen Kingsbury of the Lower Mainland.
To contact a reporter for this story, email: email@example.com, call: (250) 319-7494 or tweet: @jess__wallace.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013