Kamloops gas line blaze
Howard Alexander - News Editor
A gas line fire near a home on Kipp Road in Kamloops, Sunday, May 3, 2015.
(DANA REYNOLDS /InfoTel Multimedia)
May 03, 2015 - 12:34 PM
KAMLOOPS – Emergency crews responded to a gas line fire in Kamloops this afternoon.
Kamloops Fire Rescue was called to a home at 5500 Kipp Rd. in the Dallas area near the CP Rail tracks between the Trans Canada and South Thompson River at about 11:45 a.m. with reports of the broken gas line and flames shooting six feet in the air.
Fire captain Ken Baerg says a homeowner installing an underground sprinkler system hit the gas line, sparking the fire.
Crews kept the trees, bushes and a nearby garage wet as the gas burned, waiting about two hours for a Fortis B.C. crew to turn off the natural gas.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Dana Reynolds at email@example.com or call 250-819-6089. To contact an editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
— This story was updated at 2:21 p.m., Sunday, May 3, 2015 to add Fortis B.C. had turned off the gas.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015