October 20, 2013 - 1:19 PM
KAMLOOPS - At a sold-out crowd of 400 at the Coast Kamloops Conference Centre on Saturday, October 19th, the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce and TD presented 17 star awards to the winners of the 2013 Business Excellence Awards.
This year marks the 28th consecutive year that the Chamber has held this event for the Kamloops business community. “We are very proud of our business community,” states Chamber President Bob Dieno. “We congratulate all the winners for their outstanding achievements.”
Says Premiere sponsor Lindy Baird, Branch Manager of TD: “TD is committed to helping small business customers invest, innovate and grow. The Business Excellence Awards celebrates these businesses’ achievements and we are thrilled to be a part of it.”
- Nominations were received from Kamloops citizens for 147 local businesses among 234 nominations received.
- Winners for 16 of the awards were chosen by an independent selection committee.
- Business of the Year was chosen by the Chamber board of directors along with Community Futures, the award sponsor.
- The President’s Award is given solely at the discretion of the President and is awarded to someone who has made a difference in the community.
Winners of this year’s awards:
* Excel Personnel Business Person of the Year - Darryl Caunt - Mibroc Group
* Community Futures Business of the Year – Top 40 Woodworks Ltd.
* Home Hardware First Nations Business of the Year - Mannytan Tanning Co.
* Kamloops Business Magazine Young Entrepreneur of the Year - Jaethan Reichel - iTel Networks
* Aberdeen Mall Retailer Award (1-10 Staff) - Sakred Skin & Studio Ltd.
* Underwriters Insurance Brokers Retailer Award (11+ Staff) - The Horse Barn
* BDC Manufacturer Award - Top 40 Woodworks Ltd.
* Tourism & Hospitality Award - South Thompson Inn Guest Ranch and Conference Centre
* BCLC Technology Innovator Award - AxiMech Robotics
* KGHM Ajax Mining Incorporated Home Based Business of the Year - Holly Eburne Coaching Service
* Berwick on the Park Service Provider Award (1-10 Staff) - Kelly Funk Photography
* Kamloops Lincoln Service Provider Award (11+ Staff) - South Thompson Inn Guest Ranch and Conference Centre
* Venture Kamloops Resource Industry Award - Harper’s Trail Winery
* BC Hydro Green Award 1-10 staff - Snug Glee Bumz Diaper Service
* RBC Royal Bank Green Award 11+ staff - New Gold Inc. – New Afton Mine
* City of Kamloops Community Service Award - Daley & Company LLP Chartered Accountants
* President’s Award – Anthony Salituro
The chamber congratulates all the winners and thanks all of our sponsors for making this event possible.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013