December 17, 2014 - 8:30 AM
VERNON - It doesn’t truly feel like Christmas in Vernon until you’ve spotted these classic holiday scenes around town.
1. Downtown Vernon transformed into Whoville. Local merchants decorate storefronts fit for Cindy Lou Who and twinkle lights adorn the sidewalk.
2. A busy Christmas craft fair or Winter Market. It’s not Christmas without a little holiday kitsch.
3. The United Way’s Festival of Trees at the Best Western Vernon Lodge. Pick your favourite and cast your vote.
4. Families skating at the outdoor rink behind the Vernon Recreation Centre. (Pictured: Linnaea , 4, skates with mom Lisa Heidt).
5. A Salvation Army bell ringer at every turn. You might even run into musician Andrew Allen.
6. The Christmas display at the Village Green Mall and its very own Santa Clause. (Pictured: Kali Warren, 2, takes a peak at the man in red.)
7. A family loading up a Christmas tree from one of the nurseries around town. (Pictured: Three generations of women, Janet, Joleen and Avery Bailleul find the perfect tree at Swan lake Nurseryland)
8. The magical glow of the Christmas trees at Silver Star Mountain.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Charlotte Helston at email@example.com or call 250-309-5230. To contact the editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014