January 07, 2014 - 10:32 AM
Skating at the Stuart Park Ice Rink is an increasingly popular winter pastime for Kelowna residents. This month, the City of Kelowna is urging people to share photos of fun times at the rink on Instagram for a chance to win free skate rentals and hot chocolate for a group of four at the rink.
“We noticed quite a few people sharing photos of the rink on Instagram and thought, why not have a bit of fun with it and reward people for participating,” says Tom Wilson, Communications Supervisor at the City. “This rink on the waterfront really showcases Kelowna’s four-seasons-playground appeal.”
Here’s how to enter the draw:
- Follow @CityofKelowna on Instagram.
- Post your photo of the Stuart Park Ice Rink to Instagram with the hashtag #StuartParkMemories.
- Everyone is eligible to enter… as long as they’re out having fun at Stuart Park Ice Rink! The photo must be taken at the rink – participants don’t have to be skating but you have to be at the rink.
- Participants can post as many photos as they like using the hashtag but they will only be entered once in the draw.
- Participants’ Instagram setting should be set to public so we can see your photo with the hashtag.
- Note: participants that do not have an Instagram account can follow the same steps above but post the photo, with the hashtag, to our Facebook page or send us a tweet to our @CityofKelowna Twitter account.
The contest runs Monday, Jan. 6 to Friday, Jan. 17, 2014. The winner of the #StuartParkMemories contest will be drawn on Monday, Jan. 20, 2014, and they will be contacted via their Instagram account. Full contest details can also be found at kelowna.ca/parks.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014