Intersection Closure Next Week for Roundabout Installation at Stevens & Westlake Roads
July 08, 2014 - 9:42 AM
The intersection of Westlake and Stevens Roads will be closed from July 8 to July 18 for concrete pouring as the new roundabout traffic circle at that location begins to take shape.
The concrete will need to cure for at least 7 days. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes to access Stevens Road and the construction detour route on McDougall Road.
Industrial Road will continue to be accessible off Westlake Road from Highway 97, as well as businesses on Westlake from Highway 97 to the intersection with Stevens Road.
Stevens Road, and the McDougall Road detour, can be accessed from Highway 97 via Ross Road.
The Westlake Road Upgrade construction project involves transforming the road, between Highway 97 and Starlight Crescent, from a rural state to an urban arterial standard. The project began in April and is expected to take approximately five months to complete. Upgrades include the construction of:
- 3.6 metre wide travel lanes in each direction
- 1.5 metre cycling lanes in each direction
- Curb, gutter and underground storm drainage
- Replacement watermain
- 1.8 metre wide sidewalks at in each direction from Stevens Road to Highway 97
- 1.8 metre wide sidewalks on the east side from Stevens Road to Starlight Crescent
- 56 streetlights
- A roundabout traffic circle at the intersection of Stevens Road and Westlake Road.
The total Westlake Road Upgrade project is expected to cost $6.2 million.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014