Inn from the Cold appoints executive director
Contributed/Inn from the Cold
Prominent Okanagan area business woman, Jan Schulz has been appointed Executive Director for the Inn From the Cold.
Image Credit: Contributed
May 24, 2015 - 11:48 AM
KELOWNA - Prominent Okanagan area business woman, Jan Schulz has been appointed Executive Director for the Inn From the Cold (IFTC).
“The board and I would like to welcome Ms. Schulz to the Inn from the Cold,” said Mark Dixon, IFTC Board Chair. “She brings a wealth of non-profit management experience to our organization, as well as a passion for helping those most in need in our community.”
Previously, Schulz was the executive director of the Family Resource Centre Society for the North Okanagan in Vernon. She brings with her over 20 years experience in business, human resources and non-profit-sector management.
“I am really excited to work with the IFTC organization,” said Schulz. “I see a wonderful opportunity for growth in our volunteer base and in securing sustainable funding. My hope is that my experience in systems planning and long-term strategic business development will be the driving factors in achieving our organization’s longevity.”
IFTC is a charitable organization offering a number of services and programs to the most vulnerable members of the community, including:
· IFTC Shelter - overnight shelter to people living on the streets during Kelowna’s coldest winter months
· Chandler House – providing eight permanent, apartment-style housing for those in the community who are most at risk for homelessness
· Inn Home Support Program – supporting persons who are presently housed, often in somewhat precarious situations
· Community Outreach – connecting someone experiencing homelessness with an outreach worker
· Free Store – providing free items such as clothing, outdoor gear and toiletries to those in need
· Kelowna Kodiaks – providing the homeless and marginalised members of the community an opportunity to participate and benefit from the team-building sport of soccer
The cost of these services and programs is supported through organized fundraising events, in-kind donations received, and from dedicated volunteers. Visit www.innfromthecoldkelowna.org or phone 250-448-6403 to learn more.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015