House fire on Boucherie Road leaves one man homeless
By Julie Whittet
Image Credit: File
(MARSHALL JONES /InfoTel Multimedia)
September 04, 2013 - 5:53 PM
WEST KELOWNA - A West Kelowna man is left homeless after his Boucherie Road home caught fire this morning.
Just after 10 a.m. West Kelowna Fire Rescue responded to reports of smoke coming from the 1800 block of Old Boucherie Road. Once on scene fire crews traced the smoke to the soffits and roof area of the mobile home - the windows of which had already turned black.
Forcing their way through the front door crews were able to locate the fire to the bedroom of the home and succesfully knocked out the flames.
Assistant fire chief Kerry Klonteig says they did not find the cause of the fire but believe it to be accidental.
The resident was not home at the time, but before the fire department arrived a neighbour attempted to fight the flames by breaking the windows and using a garden house - to little effect.
The resident does not have contents insurance and will be assisted by Emergency Social Services for the next three days.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Julie Whittet at email@example.com or call (250)718-0428.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013