Current Conditions

Partly Cloudy
8.6°C

Hot start to August in Kamloops

A mix of heat and rain is expected this week.
August 04, 2015 - 9:30 AM

KAMLOOPS - It was a hot and sunny August long weekend in Kamloops but expect things will cool off a bit during the week.

Temperatures easily soared to the mid-30s every day this past weekend and while today, Aug. 4, will see the mercury hit seasonal normals things will cool off for a couple of days mid-week.

Environment Canada is calling for a high of 29 Celsius today but a high of only 21 C tomorrow and 22 C Thursday. Temperatures will again warm up to 30 C by Saturday.

Along with the cooler temperatures will come at least a chance of rain. There is a 30 per cent chance this afternoon and evening, along with a risk of thunderstorms. Tomorrow will be much the same and on Thursday there is a 70 per cent chance of showers. We can expect a mix of sun and cloud heading into the weekend.

According to the weather office the average high temperature recorded in July was 31 C, with an extreme high of 38.6 C recorded on July 9. Just 7.2 millimetres of rain recorded at the airport weather station during July.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Jennifer Stahn at jstahn@infonews.ca or call 250-819-3723. To contact an editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
  • Routine stop in Kamloops turns into yelling match on Halston Avenue
    KAMLOOPS - What should have been a straightforward impaired driving check became tense yesterday as people in two cars yelled at each other about who had guns in their cars, police say. Arou
  • Body of man found dead in Vernon identified
    VERNON - The man found dead last week in Vernon has been identified as Dustin Rogers in a report from Global News. According to police, a body was discovered about 7:24 a.m. March 23 near
  • Kamloops RCMP bust drug dealer
    KAMLOOPS – Police in Kamloops have arrested a Falkland man for drug trafficking following an investigation two weeks ago. RCMP say members of the Street Level Drug Unit conducted an in
  • Canadian ship involved in massive cocaine bust in international waters
    FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A Royal Canadian Navy vessel was involved in an international anti-drug trafficking mission that led to the seizure of more than 14 tonnes of cocaine in international water
  • Semi dodges man on Trans Canada near Chase
    CHASE - A distraught man narrowly avoided serious injury last week after jumping in front of a semi on the Trans Canada near Chase. RCMP say a commercial transport truck was traveling on the
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile