June 13, 2013 - 11:18 AM
The District of West Kelowna is hosting its Build Your Community Open House today, Thursday, June 13 between 3 and 7 p.m. at Royal LePage Place arena at the Mount Boucherie Community Centre.
Come give your feedback on important community initiatives, get up to speed on projects and plans for 2013 and connect with the District of West Kelowna at this one-stop open house.
The District is offering giveaways, fun games and treats for the kids, and parents can take in the open house at their leisure as free child care will be offered during the event.
The open house will provide information and welcome feedback on:
- CNR Wharf detailed design
- Recreational Trails Master Plan
- Sign Bylaw Review
- Works and Services Bylaw Review
- Zoning Bylaw Review
- Westbank Centre Couplet
- Community Amenity Contribution Policy
- Current and upcoming capital projects, including Gellatly Road upgrades and Brown Road Streetscape improvements.
- Various municipal services including bylaw enforcement, mapping and recreation and culture
- Wildfire prevention
The Regional District of Central Okanagan and Okanagan Basin Water Board will also be available to provide information on the Aggregate Supply and Demand Update, emergency planning, parks, the Regional Growth Strategy and water conservation and protection initiatives.
Residents who are unable to attend the open house will be able to go online after the open house to provide feedback on several of the plans and initiatives. A link to the surveys will be provided under Events and Meetings on the municipality’s home page at districtofwestkelowna.ca.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013