January 31, 2014 - 2:13 PM
KAMLOOPS – Habitat for Humanity Kamloops is proud to announce that we will be building two homes in 2014 for families struggling to overcome the cycle of poverty.
“Every Canadian family deserves a safe, decent and affordable place to call home. Habitat for Humanity Kamloops’ goal is to make that dream a reality”, stated David Hughes, HFHK Chairman. How do we make this work?
- Through volunteer labor and donations.
- Habitat Homeowners invest hundreds of hours of their own labor into building their Habitat house and the houses of others.
- Habitat houses are sold to partner families with zero interest financing. The homeowners’ monthly mortgage payments are used to build still more Habitat houses.
Now more than ever, we need the support of our community to make this dream come true. How can you help?
- At our ReStore Donation Centres, we receive new and used furniture, large and small appliances, household goods and building materials donated by homeowners, - contractors, retailers and manufacturers, and sell them to the public at greatly reduced prices. Come and visit us on your next shopping trip!
- Money raised through ReStore sales covers 100% of the cost of Habitat for Humanity Kamloops’ administration. That means that every dollar donated to Habitat for Humanity can go directly towards building homes for families in need. Please donate items to the ReStore, cash, gifts in kind and/or your time.
- Volunteer in the ReStore or on a Build site. We couldn’t do this without the help of our amazing volunteers! Give us a few hours here and there, or a steady schedule – we will accommodate your needs – no experience required.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Jan Lingford, Executive Director at 250-314-6783 or email at email@example.com. Be sure to visit www.habitatkamloops.ca to tour our new website!
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014