Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy

Grow-op burns down Kelowna garage

The owner of a garage that went up in flames on Friday, Mar. 7, 2014 told fire fighters there was a grow-up inside.
Image Credit: Bryon McLuckie/Global Okanagan
March 08, 2014 - 9:44 AM

KELOWNA – The RCMP are investigating after a grow-up sparked a fire that burned down a garage near Okanagan College.

Fire fighters were called to a report of a house fire at 582 McKay Ave., which turned out to be a garage fire.

“The owner was quick to let us know there was a grow-op in the garage,” platoon captain Dale Calhoun said. “The garage was a complete loss.”

One of the people in the house was having chest pains. He was looked after by paramedics with the B.C. Ambulance Service.

The RCMP interviewed the two people living in the house.

No word if charges will be laid as the police investigation continues.

To contact the reporter for this story, email or call 250-491-0331.

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments

View Site in: Desktop | Mobile