October 04, 2013 - 5:05 PM
The District of West Kelowna reminds community service organizations of the October 31, 2013 deadline for Grants in Aid applications.
West Kelowna Council recognizes that valued contributions to the municipality are being provided through the volunteer efforts of community organizations and agencies. Grants in Aid demonstrate West Kelowna Council’s commitment to work with groups that provide these programs, services or projects to the community while, at the same time, recognizing the financial constraints impacting the District’s ability to provide funding.
All Grants in Aid applications are to be directed to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer by October 31 of each year to ensure they are included in annual budget considerations. All applications must be submitted on the Grants in Aid Application Form and accompanied by the following information and documentation:
1. The service(s) the organization provides to the community;
2. The amount of the financial assistance required;
3. The benefits in the community to result from the grant;
4. A detailed proposed budget for the current year and a list of all other grants & donations; and,
5. Financial statements from the immediately preceding fiscal year.
For further information please contact the Deputy Chief Financial Officer at (778) 797-8855 or visit www.districtofwestkelowna.ca under Mayor & Council/Council Policies.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013