November 07, 2015 - 10:30 AM
VERNON - You can expect to see local government officials promoting an upcoming arena referendum at a number of events this month.
Information booths will be set up throughout Greater Vernon in advance of the Nov. 28 referendum, which will ask voters to support decommissioning Civic Arena and adding a second ice sheet at Kal Tire Place.
“We want to provide as many ways for people to get information about the current condition of the Civic Arena, why the proposed site was selected for a new facility and what is included in the project,” director of recreation services Doug Ross said in a media release. “Information booths are being set up so that people see the conceptual drawings of the proposed facility, ask questions they may have, and get the answers they need to make an informed decision.”
Information on voting dates, locations and voter eligibility will also be available. Booths will have background information including the Civic Arena engineering assessment report and the Civic Arena replacement feasibility study.
The public is invited to stop by any of the upcoming information booths:
• November 8 Kal Tire Place – Grand Room 10:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
• November 12 Coldstream Hall – Council Chambers 4:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.
• November 17 Halina Seniors Citizens Centre 10:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
• November 17 BX Elementary School Gym 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
• November 20 City Hall – Council Chambers 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
• November 21 Recreation Centre – West Breakout Room 10:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
• November 23 Okanagan College – Room E102-103 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
• November 24 Recreation Centre – West Breakout Room 3:30pm-7:30pm
• November 25 Schubert Centre 11:00am-1:00pm
• November 25 Kal Tire Place – Grand Room 2:30pm-7:30pm
• November 26 Kal Tire Place – Grand Room 10:30am-1:30pm
Public Information Booths will also be set up at the following events:
• November 10 Kal Tire Place - Vernon Vipers Game 6:30pm-9:30pm
• November 13 Kal Tire Place – Snow Show 5:00pm-8:00pm
• November 18 Kal Tire Place – Vernon Vipers Game 6:30pm-9:30pm
• November 21 Kal Tire Place – Craft Show 10:30am-2:30pm
• November 22 Kal Tire Place – Vernon Vipers Game 1:30pm-4:30pm
Read previous stories about the referendum here.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Charlotte Helston at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-309-5230. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015