January 21, 2014 - 4:04 PM
WEST KELOWNA - Last year's campaign by West Kelowna firefighters to install fire alarms in area mobile home parks paid off in a big way after one of those homes caught fire today.
Assistant Fire Chief Darren Lee said the smoke alarm helped alert residents to the fire that started in a clothes dryer in the home on Old Boucherie Road around 4 p.m. No one was hurt in the structure fire before crews quickly knocked it down.
He said they called on three engines, one water tender, one command unit for 15 firefighters on scene. The residents escaped the fire unharmed and are in care of Emergency Support Services.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (250) 718-0428 or tweet @AdamProskiw.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014