Current Conditions

Partly Cloudy

Fire in dryer suspected cause of blaze in hotel at Silver Star Resort

Image Credit: Google Streetview
February 12, 2015 - 2:28 PM

VERNON - A fire in a hotel at the Silver Star Mountain Resort in Vernon has caused extensive smoke and water damage.

General manager Russell Haubrich of the Vance Creek Hotel says a dryer caught fire in a room next to a restaurant.

He suspects grease residue from rags ignited the blaze, which was reported at about 4:30 a.m.

Haubrich says water from the sprinkler system ran for about half an hour, damaging the ceiling in a bar at the hotel.

He says the restaurant was expected to reopen later Thursday, but the bar may be closed for up to two days.

News from © The Canadian Press, 2015
The Canadian Press

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments

View Site in: Desktop | Mobile