Fire destroys garage, truck

A Ford pickup truck and a tarp-covered garage on Holden Road were destroyed by fire on Monday morning.

PENTICTON - A fire that destroyed a tarp-covered garage at a Holden Road address was likely ignited by a nearby wood stove.

Penticton Fire Department responded to a call about a fire in a garage made of tarp and wood beams Monday morning. Also on fire was a Ford pickup truck.

Fire Chief Wayne Williams said 20 feet separated the garage from the home but flames driven by south-bound winds were endangering the house.

Williams said the blaze appeared to have started in a wood stove. The stove was outside the garage and a resident was using a fan to direct the heat into the garage.

No injuries were reported.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Shannon Quesnel at squesnel@infotelnews.ca, call 250-488-3065 or tweet @InfoNewsPentict.


don-thompson
THOMPSON: The reality of climate change
  OPINION A friend of mine recently said he didn’t believe in global warming, suggesting that it was “a hoax” perpetrated by scientists worldwide. I thought about what he said for awhile and wondered h

Top News