February 12, 2014 - 11:32 AM
PENTICTON - A fire that destroyed a tarp-covered garage at a Holden Road address was likely ignited by a nearby wood stove.
Penticton Fire Department responded to a call about a fire in a garage made of tarp and wood beams Monday morning. Also on fire was a Ford pickup truck.
Fire Chief Wayne Williams said 20 feet separated the garage from the home but flames driven by south-bound winds were endangering the house.
Williams said the blaze appeared to have started in a wood stove. The stove was outside the garage and a resident was using a fan to direct the heat into the garage.
No injuries were reported.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Shannon Quesnel at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 250-488-3065 or tweet @InfoNewsPentict.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014