July 21, 2015 - 4:59 PM
VAVENBY - An evacuation alert has been issued for six properties because of a 15-hectare wildfire burning north of Adams Lake.
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District says the wildfire, which was discovered yesterday, July 20, at Adams River on the north end of Adams Lake, poses an imminent threat to people and property.
The regional district has issued an evacuation alert for the following area: six properties at Adams River (north end of Adams Lake) including 12400, 12504, 12505, 12595, 12680 & 12685 Adams West Forest Service Road.
An evacuation alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises and property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance warning as possible prior to the evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
1. Locate all family members and be prepared to evacuate your residence and property to an identified safe reception center.
2. Gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (insurance), photographs and immediate care needs for dependents.
3. Prepare to move any disabled persons and children.
4. Collect pets and pet needs.
5. If possible, move livestock to a safe area.
Properties under evacuation alert because of the Adams West fire.
Image Credit: Thompson Nicola Regional District
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015