July 10, 2014 - 5:06 PM
WEST KELOWNA - Road repair projects are beginning across the region this month, so get ready for a few delays.
Road projects starting on or after July 14 and running through to mid-August include:
- Shannon Way, Westville Place and Westville Way
- West Kelowna Road from Westlake to Klein Roads and from Guest Road to the concrete sidewalk
- Blackwood Drive
- Lower Glenrosa Road from Webber Road to Walnut Glen Drive and from Lower Glenrosa Road to Aberdeen Road
- Glenview Road from Lower Glenrosa Road to Woodell Road.
- Woodell Road from 3935 to end
- Gellatly Road South from Glen Canyon Drive (north) to Canyon Ridge subdivision
- Bear Creek Road: Intermittent sections from Parkinson Road to Rose Valley Road
Anyone in the immediate vicinity of these projects will get a hand delivered notice in advance of projects and there might be some scheduling changes if weather doesn't cooperate.
The District is working with the Ministry of Transportation to complete the road rehabilitation program that addresses problems in road networks existing before the District took over maintenance in December, 2012. For more information contact the District of West Kelowna or call the Engineering Department at 778-797-8840.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014