August 22, 2015 - 3:34 PM
KELOWNA - Over 1,200 athletes have descended upon the downtown core for the 33rd Annual Pushor Mitchell Kelowna Apple Triathlon.
The three-day event sees racers young and old participating in events regardless of their abilities whether it is novice or elite.
A few races took place Friday night, Aug. 21, but official triathlon events got underway Saturday including the Junior Elite race, which doubled as the Junior Provincial Championships.
Saturday August 22, 2015 Results
Junior Elites: Junior Provincial Championships
Top 3 Males
1. Michael Milic Delta,BC 56:03 JR Prov. Champ.
2. Brennen Smith Victoria,BC 56:24
3. Cooper Bentley Calgary, AB 56:41
Top 3 Females
1. Desirea Ridenour Cowichan Bay, BC 1:01:40 JR Provincial Champ.
2. Hannah Henry Victoria, BC 1:01:59
3. Kyla Roy MB 1:02:08
For Kelowna Apple Triathlon official race times please go to: www.startlinetiming.com/appletri
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015