Crews put out house fire on North Shore in Kamloops

Fire, ambulance and RCMP are on scene at a house fire in the North Shore.

KAMLOOPS - Firefighters have extinguished a house fire in Kamloops this afternoon, sparked by spilled gasoline from a chainsaw.

Fire crews were called to a blaze at a home in the 100-block of Wilson Street across from the Kamloops Food Bank on the North Shore at about 2:24 p.m., July 27.

Platoon Capt. Jeff Bell says the owner was doing maintenance work on a chainsaw inside the house when there was a spark which ignited spilled gasoline. The flames spread very quickly.

Bell says the man was hurt and is getting check out by B.C. Amublance paramedics.

There is extensive damage to the house, so the owner and his tenants will be displace for at least a day, he says.

Firefighters put up crime tape and tell people to stay back from home.
Firefighters put up crime tape and tell people to stay back from home.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Ashley Legassic or call 250-319-7494 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

MANN: Should our children be online before they even know what online means?
OPINION Up until this week I had never heard of sharenting — it’s a new word for my repertoire, but one I think I will be hearing more of. Sharenting is when parents share too much about their child/children on s

Top News