Community gaming grants awarded to six Kelowna organizations
August 21, 2013 - 1:57 PM
KELOWNA – Norm Letnick, MLA for Kelowna-Lake Country, Steve Thomson, MLA for Kelowna-Mission, and Christy Clark, MLA for Westside-Kelowna, announced that the Ministry of Community, Sport, and Cultural Development is providing Community Gaming Grants to six Kelowna community organizations, totalling $177,900.
Organizations Receiving Funding:
- Lake Country Art Gallery Society – $20,000
- Central Okanagan Sailing Association – $24,300
- Kelowna Youth Soccer Association – $30,000
- Disabled Sailing Association of B.C. – Okanagan Branch – $5,000
- Telemark Nordic Club – $26,000
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey Association – $72,600
Why this matters:
- Across British Columbia, 143 recipients will share over $3.9-million in the latest round of grants.
- Recipients of these grants include programs for Sport, and Arts and Culture.
- Community Gaming Grants help local groups provide important services for B.C. families.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013