October 04, 2013 - 4:38 PM
Kamloops, B.C. – The City of Kamloops invites interested non-profit organizations to submit applications for the 2014 Social Planning Grants.
Kamloops City Council allocates $70,000 annually for local community initiatives through the Social Planning Grants. These grants are allocated at the beginning of every year after a thorough evaluation process facilitated by staff on recommendation by the Social Planning Council. The number of applications received each year from nonprofit agencies or societies ranges from 15 to 25 applications, and of the $70,000 in funds available for allocation, $10,000 is specifically designated to seniors' initiatives. Applications are considered on an annual basis and separate from previous years. Submission of an application does not guarantee funding support.
A 2014 Social Planning Grant workshop will be held at the Tournament Capital Centre on October 10th, 2013 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. This workshop will review the updated Social Planning Grant application and provide organizations and agencies an opportunity to ask questions in order to develop a strong submission. Attending this workshop is strongly recommended.
For more information on the Social Planning Council visit www.kamloops.ca/socialdevelopment/socialplan/council.shtml
Activities utilizing the funding must:
- adhere to the principles of the City of Kamloops Social Plan and City of Kamloops Sustainability Plan;
- strengthen and enhance the well-being of our community;
- promote volunteering, where appropriate;
- address social concerns;
- improve the community's ability to identify needs and to implement self-help programs;
- promote cultural understanding;
- partner with other service providers in the community;
- be well publicized in the community; and
- occur within the City of Kamloops.
For full application details including application forms and the Kamloops Social Plan please visit www.kamloops.ca/socialdevelopment and click on the Social Planning Grants link. For more information, please contact Jennifer Casorso, Recreation Supervisor - Social and Community Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-828-3758.
Application deadline is November 12, 2013 at 4:00 pm.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013