April 11, 2014 - 10:50 AM
PENTICTON — The cause of last month’s chairlift fire at Apex has been determined by the B.C. Safety Authority.
The fire was caused by “main diesel engine drive failure,” as reported by Global News.
Apex Resort General Manager James Shalman said, the chairlift is currently out of order but will be running again for next season. He said he has not yet received an official report stating the cause of fire.
The fire happened around noon on March 31. Smoke was coming out the windows of the operating hut on the Third chairlift. The fire was put out using fire extinguishers. No one was injured.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Meaghan Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014