May 13, 2015 - 11:18 AM
KELOWNA - The City of Kelowna’s Park Services and the Communities in Bloom Committee are now accepting nominations for Green Thumb Awards which honour local gardens. The awards recognize local individuals, businesses and communities that help beautify our City through their gardening and stewardship efforts.
Floral and Landscaping
- Large and small residential gardens
- Large and small commercial gardens
- Xeriscape gardens
- Multi-unit residential gardens
- Institutional gardens (schools, churches, care facilities, seniors residences)
- Horticulture and garden clubs
- School children
- Service clubs
- Individual and/or community projects
- Tree preservation and planting
- Street, boulevard, lane, cul-de-sac
Gardener of the Year
- An individual who has made outstanding contributions to horticulture and gardening
Interested individuals can go online at kelowna.ca/parks, under “Communities in Bloom” to download a nomination form. Completed forms can be submitted to the Communities in Bloom Committee by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the City of Kelowna Park Services office by Monday, June 30. Judging will take place mid-July and award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony on September 9.
For more information about the awards and other Park Services’ initiatives, visit kelowna.ca/parks.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015