Call for design – Mayor’s Award for the Arts
The Mayor's Gala for the Arts 2015.
Image Credit: mayorsgalaforthearts.com
August 05, 2015 - 5:02 PM
KAMLOOPS - The Mayor's Gala for the Arts committee is now accepting proposals for original designs for the Mayor’s Awards for the Arts.
The Mayor’s Gala for the Arts committee will select a new award design this fall, and commission the successful artist to create three awards required to present at the ninth annual Mayor’s Gala for the Arts award ceremony on January 30, 2016. Proposals for designs in all mediums including clay, wood, glass, copper and more will be accepted until August 31, 2015.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWARD
The selected design will be an original work of art that achieves the following:
- Is distinctive and will be exclusive to the Mayor’s Gala for the Arts
- Represents the arts as integral to our community’s identity and vitality
- Has a presence without being overwhelming
- Able to withstand repeated handling
- Fabricated in long lasting materials
- Must be reproducible — to be awarded at successive Mayor’s Awards for the Arts ceremonies
- Not to exceed five pounds
The Mayor’s Gala for the Arts recognizes and celebrates excellence in all areas of artistic creation and contributions to the arts. The Mayor’s Awards for the Arts seek to increase visibility of the Arts in our region. The Mayor’s Awards for the Arts for 2016 categories are Business in Support of the Arts, Emerging Artist and Craft & Design.
Proposals can be submitted by email to Kaitlin Methot at email@example.com or in person at 6-510 Lorne St. To find out more information visit www.mayorsgalaforthearts.com.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015