Butane heater sparks Kelowna house fire

KELOWNA – Kelowna fire crews quickly dealt with a house fire in north Rutland Sunday afternoon, but not before it was badly damage by fire and smoke.

Heavy black smoke and flame could be seen as firefighters arrived at the home at 894 Finns Rd. around 2:33 p.m.

Platoon captain Kelly Stephens says in a media release, one person was home at the time but escaped safely and was unhurt.

The resident is in the care of Emergency Social Services.

The fire was caused by a malfunctioning butane heater.

No dollar figure on the damage done to the house has been released.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Howard Alexander at halexander@infonews.ca or call 250-491-0331. To contact the editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.


Kudos for these Kamloops businesses giving hot dogs a break
KAMLOOPS – As summer bakes on, some Kamloops and area businesses are adding their names to a growing list of Thompson-Okanagan stores that will let you bring your dog inside when it’s hot. The list was started by Kelowna SPCA st

Top News