November 30, 2015 - 5:00 PM
VERNON - A block heater appears to be the culprit behind a weekend vehicle fire.
Deputy fire chief Lawrie Skolrood says a Ford F350 caught fire around 4:39 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 29 in the area of Windsor Place.
“It was parked within three feet of a house,” Skolrood says. “It was close enough to do a little damage to the house.”
The fire was mostly contained to the engine compartment of the truck, and firefighters acted quickly to spare the home any substantial damage, Skolrood says.
The incident does not appear suspicious in nature and no one was hurt during the fire.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Charlotte Helston at email@example.com or call 250-309-5230. To contact the editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015