Barbecue fire on top floor of Waterscapes building
Kelowna firefighters were called to a Waterscapes building for propane barbecue fire Wednesday, May 25.
Image Credit: Tami Rae Bjornson
May 25, 2016 - 3:48 PM
KELOWNA - A resident was able to put out a small barbecue fire in a penthouse at Waterscapes this afternoon, before firefighters even arrived.
At roughly 1:45 p.m. a dispatcher received a 911 call of a fire on the outer deck of one of the 24th floor balconies of the Skye building at Waterscapes.
A media release from platoon captain Tim Light says they arrived to a small amount of smoke but the fire had already been extinguished by the occupant.
A couple of glass railing panes were destroyed but there were no injuries.
“Always make sure you shut off your propane bottle when you are done,” Light says.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw or call 250-718-0428 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016